Instructional Technology Designer
The University of Mississippi¹s Department of Online Design and eLearning is seeking a creative individual with web design and development experience with an instructional design focus. The candidate should be knowledgeable about the latest educational technology tools and trends. This is a non-supervisory position in which the candidate will develop online courses, convert print-based instructional materials to web based courses, and modify existing courses in our course management system. Job Responsibilities:
- Trains faculty and staff in the use of online course delivery methods and in the use of instructional technologies.
- Fields IT support calls and solves general problems relating to on-line course and instructional technology equipment.
- Performs project management tasks as required.
- Converts print-based or other instructional materials to appropriate web delivery formats.
- Revises existing courses.
- Utilizes Instructional Design and Online Learning Technologies, including:
HTML, CSS, graphics editing, multimedia applications, and web design principals, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Acrobat Professional, MS Office, current digital audio/video technologies and both the MAC and PC platforms. * Works independently, as a self-starter who is detail-oriented and performs in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrates excellent written and oral communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Contributes as part of a team, and makes sound decisions.
- Takes on new responsibilities and learns new skills quickly. * Participates in events to promote online learning at the University.
Applicant should submit a sample of their work; supply a list of digital imaging software they have mastered, as well as desktop publishing and web publishing applications with which they have experience.
Education: Bachelor¹s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university in a related field
Experience: Two (2) years of experience related to the above described duties.
Substitution Statement: Related education and related experience may be substituted on a basis set forth by the Department of Human Resources. For more information and to apply, visit https://jobs.olemiss.edu . Only applicants who apply online will be considered. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until an adequate applicant pool is established. The University of Mississippi is an EEO/AA/Title Vi/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA employer.