There is a job opportunity at an independent school in Memphis. If you feel you meet the qualifications and would like more information, please contact Carmen Weaver in the IDT department for further details.
Journalism Teacher/Assistant Curriculum Integration Specialist This position comprises two primary areas of responsibility: 1. Journalism Teacher
2. Assistant to the Director of Curriculum Integration
Reports to: Director of Curriculum Integration
· Teach Journalism according to the standards set within the English Department. · Model effective instruction incorporating technology integration
· Collaborate with students to create appropriate webcast material for school events
Assist the Director of Curriculum Integration with the following:
· Technology integration training and professional development for teachers, with emphasis on resources that support a textbook-independent curriculum.
· Development, implementation, evaluation, and refinement of programs, services, and initiatives related to technology integration.
· Use of knowledge about current ideas, trends, methods, programs, materials, and equipment for technology integration to ensure optimum instructional delivery.
· Development, implementation, review, and revision of technology plans, policy statements, and user guides as appropriate. · Perform other duties as assigned.
BA in Journalism, Communications, or English Working knowledge of learning management systems Understanding of Open Educational Resources