Join us at Arizona State University’s Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College where we are dedicated to preparing the next generation of education leaders, and focusing on scholarship that positively impacts local, national and global communities and influences PreK-20 education. We welcome individuals who wish to build the future of education within one of the largest and most innovative teacher preparation programs in the nation. We serve more than 5,000 students across four ASU campuses in the Phoenix metropolitan area, at partner school districts statewide and online. The College is a recognized leader in cultivating mutually beneficial partnerships and using technology to prepare excellent teachers and school leaders who apply evidence-based knowledge that positively impacts students, families and the community.
Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College seeks a dynamic individual for a tenure-track Assistant Professor, who combines expertise in technology with pedagogical knowledge in an educational content area (e.g. literacy, math, science) or an area of special populations (English language learning, early childhood, special education, gifted education, etc.).
The successful candidate will articulate a vision of cutting edge use of technology in education and strategies for reaching that vision at local and national levels. We prize the successful candidate who has the ability to do useful work, design, and implement with educational technology in addition to talking about it and writing about it. We are also looking for a person who will demonstrate leadership in continuing to support the College’s national reputation for technology integration.
Responsibilities of this position include producing scholarship related to educational applications of technology, obtaining external funding, teaching face-to-face and online courses, advising masters and doctoral students, and providing leadership in service activities related to the College, the University and the profession. The successful candidate will join a team of leading technology educators and researchers.
• an earned doctorate in educational technology or related field focused on using
technology to transform learning in a discipline from an accredited institution
• expertise in technological, pedagogical, and content-related knowledge
• an articulated research agenda with demonstration of research ability
• participation in externally funded projects
• research interests and extensive expertise in emerging technologies, and/or the impact of technology on learning
• successfully design and implement products that demonstrate theory
• successful P-20 teaching experience
• experience in PreK-12 schools
• experience with pre-service and/or in-service teacher development involving technology integration
• experience with online course development and teaching in an online environment
• active involvement in professional organizations
About the College and the University
Teachers College offers rigorous undergraduate and graduate degree programs. Our College is dedicated to supporting our faculty members so they can provide excellent instruction to our students and pursue bold scholarship that is changing the face of education. Our award-winning faculty members are recognized for master teaching by the university, community organizations, national and international organizations.
Arizona State University, a respected research institution in the Pac-12 Conference, is developing a new model of an American research university: one that measures its academic quality by the education its graduates receive; one at which researchers, while pursuing their scholarly interests, also consider the public good; and one whose faculty expands the concept of community service by accepting major responsibility for the health, economic and social development of its community.
Application Deadline and Procedures
Only electronic applications will be reviewed. Applicants are asked to email the following as attachments in a Word doc or PDF format:
• A letter of application in which you-
• indicate the name of the position and rank for which you are applying, and
• describe your fit to the position relative to the qualifications listed in this advertisement.
• A complete curriculum vitae
• The names and contact information of three references
to firstname.lastname@example.org, Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College, Arizona State University, Phoenix, AZ.
The application deadline is November 1, 2011; if not filled, every two weeks thereafter until search is closed. The appointment will begin August 15, 2012.
Arizona State University is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. For a complete statement of ASU’s non-discrimination statement, refer to asu.edu/titleIX .