The Department of Instructional Psychology and Technology (IP&T) in the McKay School of Education at Brigham Young University is seeking candidates for Assistant/Associate Professor. This is a full-time tenure track position beginning in September 2014.
The department offers masters and doctoral degrees with available emphases in educational measurement and assessment, research, design and development, and second-language acquisition. Brigham Young University is located in Provo, Utah and is the flagship university for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
● Earned doctorate by August 2014 in Instructional Technology or related field (e.g., educational measurement and statistics, evaluation, learning sciences, educational psychology, instructional design, learning analytics, human performance technology);
● Research expertise in at least one of the following areas: (1) instructional design & development, (2) educational measurement and statistics, (3) learning analytics, or (4) design-based research;
● Established publication record or indication of considerable promise;
● Experience teaching or strong potential to teach at the graduate and undergraduate level.
● Willingness to adhere to the standards of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and the BYU Honor Code.
● Teach courses in either instructional design, learning analytics, human performance technology, or measurement theory and latent variable modeling;
● Mentor and advise masters and doctoral students in research and design projects;
● Develop and maintain an active research agenda;
● Participate actively in department and college service committees.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications.
Interested applicants should apply online at https://yjobs.byu.edu. You will be asked to submit a curriculum vita, letter of application, a statement of research agenda, a statement of teaching and learning philosophy, three letters of reference, transcripts, and samples of written work. Direct questions to: Search Committee Chair, Richard Sudweeks (firstname.lastname@example.org). For more information about the Instructional Psychology and Technology department, visit our website atwww.education.byu.edu/ipt.
Review of candidates will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.