Apply to Graduate
In order to graduate in Summer 2017, you must Apply to Graduate, and submit your Candidacy form before Wednesday, June 7th 2017; however to ensure that we meet the deadline, we ask that you submit your paperwork no later than Friday, June 2nd at 4:00pm. Failing to meet the deadline will delay your graduation and result in late fees.
Your advisor will then sign the form and submit it to Mrs. Shelby Tate, the ICL Graduate Coordinator. You MUST complete this process to receive your certificate.
If you are graduating with a Master’s or doctoral degree this semester along with your IDT Certificate, you must also submit the corresponding Degree Candidacy Form along with your Graduate Certificate Candidacy Form. Directions for filing for your Master’s or doctoral graduation are below.
IDT Master’s Degree
Begin by Applying to Graduate (see directions). Then, email your completed M.S. Degree Planning Sheet, Master’s Degree Candidacy Form (click for directions), and Course Substitution Form (if applicable) to your advisor. Your advisor will sign it and send it to Mrs. Shelby Tate, the ICL Graduate Coordinator. Students completing the IDT Certificate this semester MUST also submit the Graduate Certificate Candidacy Form as described above.
IDT Doctoral Degree
Begin by Applying to Graduate (see directions). Then, email your completed Ed.D. Degree Planning Sheet, Doctoral Degree Candidacy Form (click for directions), and Course Substitution Form (if applicable) to your advisor. Your advisor will sign the forms and send to Mrs. Shelby Tate, the ICL Graduate Coordinator. Students completing the IDT Certificate this semester MUST also submit the Graduate Certificate Candidacy Form as described above.
HOW TO “APPLY TO GRADUATE”
Visit the myMemphis portal. To access the application, click on the MyDegree tab to locate the Commencement and Graduation channel. Follow the prescribed steps listed below:
- Carefully review Step 1 – Prerequisites to Graduate.
- Click on Step 2 – Apply to Graduate to complete application.
- Proceed to Step 3 – Diploma Mailing/Cap and Gown form. All students are required to complete both the Diploma Mailing and Cap and Gown form, even if there are no plans to attend graduation exercises. For students completing only a graduate certificate program, there will be no access to the Cap and Gown portion as certificate students do not participate in graduation.
- During the middle of every semester, the Commencement Office will provide graduating students access to Step 4 – Attendance Card.
- After the application has been completed, click View Application to Graduate.
- Proceed to Step 3 only if you need to make changes to your name or to the diploma mailing address. Do not go back to Step 2.
Contact Mrs. Shelby Tate in the ICL Graduate Services Office for assistance.
FILING ELIGIBILITY RULES
- You must have a cumulative graduate GPA of 3.00 or better.
- You must be fully admitted to the IDT Graduate Certificate, Master’s degree, or Doctoral degree before filing your graduation application.
- Non-Degree Students are NOT eligible to file for graduation.