Contact Paul Ayers if interested:
Paul Ayers, M.B.A.
Enterprise Learning Manager
Enterprise Learning/Instructional Design & Technology
860 Ridge Lake Blvd
Memphis, TN 38120
Training and Development Specialist II
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – AA/EOE/M/F/D/V
Researches, develops, and designs general and specific business unit training programs that focus on advanced concepts and competencies. Evaluates training programs. Assesses and analyzes training needs and prepares reports to identify gaps and recommend solutions. Facilitates custom and specific business unit training programs that focus on advanced concepts and competencies.
1. Researches, develops, and designs general and specific business unit training programs that focus on advanced concepts and competencies (e.g. leadership development, change management).
2. Evaluates training programs to ensure timely, relevant, and cost effective training in accordance with program objectives.
3. Assesses and analyzes training needs and prepares reports to identify gaps and recommend solutions.
4. Facilitates custom and specific business unit training programs that focus on advanced concepts and competencies (e.g. leadership development, change management, process improvement); uses and adjusts supplemental training materials and activities to support learning transfer.
5. Reviews and analyzes records for training programs, including, but not limited to, course evaluations and associate participation, data and trends to recommend program changes.
6. May serve as an internal consultant to assist associates and managers in meeting associate development needs and performance objectives.
7. May travel as needed.
• ServiceMaster Commitment
• Customer Orientation/Positive Impact
• Results Orientation/Sense of Urgency
• Change Mastery
• Relationship Building/Sensitivity
• Problem Solving and Decision Making
Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
• 3-4 years of training and development experience required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of training and development practice and methods, including needs assessment and/or instructional design
• Knowledge of training theories and principles, including applied behavioral science, adult learning theory, organizational development, and/or industry-established models of evaluation
• Skill and ability to facilitate and conduct instructor-led and/or virtual training
• Ability to organize, manage and lead multiple projects
• Knowledge and ability to provide performance coaching and recommend learning solutions
• Professional written and verbal communication skills, including group facilitation, influencing and persuading others
• Attention to detail and analytical skills
• Skill in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook software applications
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.