Texas State University—San Marcos, TX
Seeking Full Time Instructional Designer
$ 3,829.00/mo. + commensurate with experience
An instructional designer collaborates with faculty on the design and development of online curricula and coaches faculty on topics related to online learning design, effective online teaching practices, and technology integration.
· Coach faculty in the instructional design process and consult on effective online teaching practices.
· Design media-rich online instructional materials. Includes the ability to perform a front- end analysis, develop design specifications, conduct quality assurance reviews, and
evaluate learning using formative evaluation techniques.
· Collaborate with faculty on online content generation. Edit faculty writing and in some cases draft instructional content based on a variety of inputs.
· Lead or co-lead workshops designed to inform faculty about online learning, instructional design, technology integration, and related topics.
· Manage multiple instructional design projects and track progress, adhere to production schedules, and keep projects within budget, resources, and time parameters.
· Collaborate with the production staff to brainstorm ideas and solve problems, check that specifications are clear and do-able, ensure that the design intent is realized, and resolve schedule and resource issues.
· Identify design or process issues and produce design standards, templates, and processes in collaboration with the instructional design and production teams.
· Research and appropriately integrate technology into the design of instructional materials.
· Pursue professional development activities to stay current in instructional technology and related fields.
· Demonstrated knowledge of instructional design principles and models.
· Demonstrated knowledge of best practices related to the development and delivery of online courses.
· Experience working as an instructional designer in a fast-paced development environment.
· Experience designing online curricula, including writing instructional design specifications, the ability to integrate multimedia into web-based courses, knowledge of
web-based and multimedia tools and their use in online instructional materials, working knowledge of interface design principles to facilitate instructional effectiveness, and working knowledge of formative evaluation techniques and analyses. Project management experience.
· Ability to work productively on multiple projects simultaneously.
· Efficient and effective verbal and written communication skills, along with organizational skills.
· Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
· Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of clients.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
· Master’s degree in Instructional Technology or equivalent.
· At least 3 years of instructional design experience.
· Experience consulting with faculty on the design and implementation of online course materials.
· Experience providing faculty development in online learning and teaching.
· Experience converting face-to-face, college-level courses to distance and hybrid courses.
· Proficiency with course management systems, such as Sakai or Blackboard.
· Proficiency with Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash and/or other multimedia production tools.
Apply to TX State Human Resources. Go to: es22
Require cover letter and resume. Expected to bring portfolio of work to the interview or provide a website link to portfolio. The portfolio should include design documents