In order to graduate this Spring 2017 you must Apply to Graduate and submit your Candidacy form before January 22nd; however to ensure that we meet the deadline of the Graduate School we are requesting that you please follow the appropriate process based on your degree no later than Friday, January 20 at 4:00pm. It is very important that you help us meet the deadline of the Graduate School by submitting your documents by this date.
All ICL MAT Students who are currently enrolled in clinical teaching must submit your Master Candidacy form to Mrs. Shelby Tate in Ball Hall 404. All MAT students who holds a Job Embedded Practitioner License Teachers must submit the In-Lieu of Clinical Teaching packet along with their Master Candidacy form to Ms. Mary Lanier in 202 Ball Hall. You may locate the In-Lieu of Clinical teaching application from this webpage: http://www.memphis.edu/tep/clinical/inlieuofclinicalteaching.php
All documents must be submitted by Friday, January 20 at 4:00pm.
All ICL MS and Certificate Program Graduating Students, please see your faculty advisor to confirm completion of your program and to obtain his/her signature on your Candidacy Form. Then please see Mrs. Shelby Tate in Ball Hall 404. Present her with your Candidacy Form by Friday, January 20 at 4:00pm.
All ICL Doctoral Students, please see your major professor to confirm completion of your program of study and to obtain his/her signature on your Candidacy Form. Then please see Mrs. Shelby Tate in Ball Hall 404. Present her with your Candidacy Form byFriday, January 20 at 4:00pm.
Important Graduation Forms:
Failure to submit BOTH the graduation application and the degree and/or certificate candidacy form will delay your graduation until the next semester. A late fee of $500 will be assessed.
FILING ELIGIBILITY RULES:
- You must have a cumulative graduate GPA of 3.00 or better.
- You must be fully admitted to a graduate degree and/or graduate certificate program before filing your graduation application.
- Non-Degree Students are NOT eligible to file for graduation.
We strongly recommend that you submit the candidacy form to your departmental advisor no later than Friday, January 20, 2016so that the form will reach your respective College Director of Graduate Studies by the required deadlines. Any received after the deadline will NOT be approved or forwarded to the Graduate School for processing.
- Students completing a Graduate Certificate program must be officially admitted to the program in order to both apply to graduate and to officially receive the certificate. If you are not admitted, please submit a Change of Status application to Graduate Admissions (FedEx Inst. of Technology Bldg, Suite 201) immediately.
- Students completing an Education Specialist degree (EdS) may substitute the College of Education EdS Program of Studies and Candidacy form for the Graduate School candidacy form. If you have not completed the EdS Program of Studies, the form must be completed and submitted to the College Director of Graduate Studies by the deadline listed below.
- All future correspondence pertaining to graduation will be sent to student University email accounts only. No written correspondence will be sent via U.S. mail. Please check your university account periodically throughout the semester.
Students will be certified for graduation only when all degree requirements are met, including the removal of all “I” or “IP” grades earned from previous semesters and the successful completion of comprehensive examination requirements or final approval of master’s theses or doctoral dissertations.
If degree candidates earn any “I” or “IP” grades during their last semester of enrollment, they will automatically be disqualified from graduation and will be notified of this disqualification via U of M email only.
HOW TO “APPLY TO GRADUATE”:
Visit your MyMemphis portal at: https://myuofm.memphis.edu/
To access the application, click on the MyDegree tab to locate the Commencement and Graduation channel. Follow the prescribed steps listed below:
- Carefully review Step 1 – Prerequisites to Graduate.
- Click on Step 2 – Apply to Graduate to complete application.
- Once Step 2 has been completed, proceed to Step 3 – Diploma Mailing/Cap and Gown form. All students are required to complete both the Diploma Mailing and Cap and Gown form, even if there are no plans to attend graduation exercises. For students completing only a graduate certificate program, there will be no access to the Cap and Gown portion as these students are not allowed to participate in graduation.
- During the middle of every semester, the Commencement Office will provide graduating students access to Step 4 – Attendance Card.
- After the application has been completed, click View Application to Graduate.
- Proceed to Step 3 only if you need to make changes to your name or to the diploma mailing address. Do not go back to Step 2.
Your ICL faculty advisor is available to assist you as well as the ICL Graduate Services Office in Ball Hall 404. Please stop by the Graduate Services Office for open advising on Thursday, January 19, 2:00-4:00pm.
Visit the Graduate School website for additional information on graduation, ordering caps and gowns, thesis and dissertations deadlines and other information at http://www.memphis.edu/gradschool/current_students/graduation_information/graduation.php.
Shelby Lynn Tate
|Academic Services Associate|