Contact Dr. Schaeffer ASAP if interested.
Turning Technologies (“Clicker”) Support Internship
Advanced Learning Center, University of Memphis
This position will support utilization and implementation of all Turning Technologies (“clicker”) products by University of Memphis instructors. This is a paid position through Turning Technologies under the academic direction of the Advanced Learning Center. The position is available for one (1) year unless otherwise specified.
Position Title: Turning Technologies Support Intern
An ideal candidate will present aptitude in the following areas: · Good presentation and speaking skills.
· General knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Office. · Ability to think “outside the box” when the situation calls for it. · The ability to offer flexible and unique consultation. Responsibilities Include:
· Support successful usage of Turning Technologies’ products on campus · Identify all on-campus clicker users
· Conduct department-level instructor trainings and one-on-one trainings · Attend initial classes where clickers are used for the first time · Follow-up with campus clicker users throughout the semester/quarter
· Communicate regular feedback to Turing Technologies on product use and campus needs · Assist with all other assigned duties
· General knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Office · Education, CIS or Business major is a plus
Compensation and Academic Credit
This is a paid position, with pay ranging with experience. Students should pursue academic credit within their major or as an elective.
Students should send resumes to the Director of the Advanced Learning Center: S. J. (Sandy) Schaeffer, III (firstname.lastname@example.org). (Be sure and include an email or phone number where you can be reached.)